Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Worlds

I was driving home the other night on a less than stellar day at work thinking about what it means about me as a person that I can understand (or pretend to understand) both the Indigo Girls and the Pauline epistles. I don't understand either well, but I know that I have heard some truth, that is something that is real in both. Paul Simon and the Apostle Paul are both pretty clever lyric writers, though I do not lose sight of the fact that the Apostle Paul was talking about a new level of truth, the level of truth that came in the man Jesus.

What I'm continuing to try to put together in my 30's in the worlds that I live in and I have lived in. As stated, I still don't like losing, I'm a conservative in the world and a radical in my workplace, and I'm looking for the capital G - God and the capital T - truth and the more I am part of the "Christian" subculture I'm not sure there aren't better places to find those things. Authenticity is part of what I've been thinking about but it is more than that.

Part the problem is as you get older the yuck just gets harder. Within the last week we have heard from family and friends about some people that are really struggling. Divorce, crime, etc. take a toll on those around us, but we let days slip by without reaching out and asking for forgiveness, a hand up, or just to let somebody close know we love them.

I have spent the better part of a couple of days being really angry about a work situation. Am I right, I don't know. Chances are somewhere between my point of view and anothers is the truth, but the bottom line is that I don't want to waste my time feeling that way.

This is my most personal post, and for both of the people that might read this I'm not sure this is a nerve that is more raw than should be exposed, but I think it's worth getting out of my head.

I can't quite figure out how to be 33, but I know I have been blessed beyond what I can ask or imagine.

No comments: