Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Water and sadness

This weekend my family and I got to spend the weekend at a lake in northern Wisconsin. It is the kind of family place with a small cabin, canoes, a dock, and a fire place at night. In short, it was pretty wonderful. That is an experience that nothing in Montana really prepared me well for. In Montana the constant with water is that their is not enough and rarely is there enough to recreate in atleast above the knees. I remember one very long afternoon trying to float the Clark's Fork outside of Deer Lodge that mainly consisted of five or six of us trying to push cheap rubber rafts along the bottom.

I was sad to read this morning that it looks like Pat Davison is having some trouble. The Billingsgazette.com had the story that I read. Not knowing what did or didn't happen I don't want to comment, but Pat was always pretty fair with me. Unfortunately it looks like the combination of money, politics, and friendship are proving once again that they just don't mix.

No comments: