Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Circumstances

This morning as I was doing some devotional reading I came across the idea that God sometimes doesn't want us to change our circumstances, he uses our circumstances to change us. That seemed to be a good thought for the morning and a good thought when so many of the circumstances of life are up in the air, or at least not what I had expected. In talking with a good friend the other day I said something about that fact that none of the changes I expected to happen in May last year have happened yet. Many of the situations I thought would resolve have not, and many other things have simply changed.

On an entirely different, but maybe related note, last night I caught my first bass and it was rather unexpected. I went down with my youngest daughter to a small fishing pond located at the end of our street and basically just threw the line in the water. The bass hit it hard and fought it up all the way to the dock. I don't think I really realized what had happened until I took it off the hook and released it back into the pond.

So the unexpected happens. More often than sometimes I think I would like, but the truth is that sometimes the unexpected is great.

No comments: