Friday, August 18, 2006

Opening salvo

It is turning fall in the Midwest all of the sudden. After a long two weeks of vacation in Montana where the mountains were big we are back and the fall rain has started. I also know that fall is coming because as I log onto the billingsgazette.net I see fires raging throughout Montana, an annual rite of passage in my short time on this earth.

I'm starting this blog to explore the creation of culture and how a place gets into our hearts along with the people. For my family and I that place is Montana, but right now we are missionaries in Minnesota. Minnesotans don't think they need missionaries but then again I'm not sure there have ever been a people group who thought they needed missionaries.

So, in this blog I hope to explore a lot of things.

I'm hoping to gain a few readers along the way, because as someone said to my yesterday, if you don't have readers, you are really just talking to yourself.

No comments: