Friday, March 30, 2007

Bus Ride Fun

I like the riding the bus. It’s almost a treat. I get to spend 25 minutes of uninterrupted time where I can read, close my eyes, do whatever. Besides, my bus route runs right along the lake for half of it, what’s not to like.

I like the energy of working in a downtown area to. It’s fun to be able to walk just about anywhere I need to go and get anything that I need (or want). All in all, the move downtown has been pretty positive.

The only thing that I notice is that there aren’t a lot of happy people walking around. You don’t see many smiles on either the bus or walking around downtown. Everybody seems to be headed somewhere, but they are not happy about it. Occasionally you see people walking together and they seem to be enjoying themselves, but that is the exception.

My Twin Cities travel tip of the week is that if you ever need seafood in the center of the country and have a spare $100, Oceanaire is wonderful. It was a great meal and great way to celebrate the new job.

No comments: