Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shameless self promotion

In a bit of shameless self promotion I am posting the first chapter of the most recent book I've written here as a pdf. I have a couple of goals. One is that, I'm having a tough time doing the rewrite. I tend to be more interested in the next book, than in doing the hard work of rewriting the book that is in process. So, I'm partly interested in knowing if the first chapter is interesting enough that anyone would like to read the next chapter. At any rate, my goal is to have the rewrite done by Christmas. My goal was to finish the first draft by August, and I made that, so maybe part of middle age is getting more done.

On a more exciting front, Cole is starting for the Royals J.V. team today as they take on our arch rivals the Tigers. I'll take Cole's cool new camera and hopefully have some good pics.

A note for all expatriated Montanas. If you want to really miss Montana check out the Montana Standard online. There are probably better papers in Montana, but as far as the flavor of the state goes it's hard to beat that one. I've put a link in the left hand navigation to their blog page and I recommend Pat Ryan in the sports department. I try to avoid Foley when possible, but sometimes I miss Montana enough I'll even read his stuff.

No comments: