Monday, December 11, 2006

Three and 0, 0 and 3

Just an update on the team that we are 3-0, but the varsity is 0-3 which is probably more important. We play 5 games in the next 8 days, and as of this weekend they promoted my best players, so I'm guessing my perfect season is in trouble, but I'd rather see the varsity get over the hill at this point than to win 9th grade games.

Interesting ideas kicked around on Sunday between church and our small group. Basically, it all came down to a challenge that to live fully as Christ would have us live we must live boldly and follow where many others may not go. Part of it came through the story of the wise men in a sermon, and part of came out of John Ortberg's, "If You Want to Walk on Water You Have to Get Out of the Boat" DVD that we discussed in small group. Somewhere in there I kept getting the message that I'm currently out of my boat, but where God wants me to be, and fighting against it sucks the joy out of what he is doing in my life. Lots of other related thoughts.

Christmas is really kicking up. Seems to bring about so many emotions in people and things for me can pretty high and low which I don't think is uncommon. I'm sending out prayers that the highs would be real, we would count our blessings in the low spots, and get an unexpected call from a friend when the lows get too low.

1 comment:

The Spann Fam said...

Remember that chapel last year, when the Open Door pastor talked about the Levites stepping in the river? Funny how walking the Christian walk seems to be likened to drowning. Good thing Christ is there to grasp our hand, just before going under!