Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election

If this blog is my practice session for becoming a pundit, today is pretty big mea culpa. I really did think Conrad Burns would win in Montana. Not that I'm a huge fan (though he is the lesser of two evils) I just thought at some point things would swing back that direction.

One of the things that struck me as I listened to rhetoric out here last night was how little was being said. A freshman Senator from Minnesota more or less promised to lower taxes on the middle class, make healthcare affordable, get troops out of Iraq, and make the world safer within five minutes of being elected. Of course, she can't do those things and their is no real plan, but as people we may have gotten to the place where the world is just too complex and the promise of a better way is enough.

I was actually a little disappointed when I went to the polls I didn't know more. In two years when I get the chance to do it again I hope I don't make the same mistake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.