Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Visionary or Maybe not

Having one of those days where I can't figure out if I'm an misunderstood visionary or full or crap. If you were to take a vote I'm guessing I don't want to know the results, though feel free to vote by comments.

Professionally, I think I have some idea of where we need to go and I'd like to at least participate in a discussion. But right now we are at a place where everybody is staking out their territory, and gorging themselves on a pie that is much too small. There isn't a clear sense of vision or something greater than us that drives us to excellence or even points of agreement. Having said that, maybe I'm just wrong.

A few more items of note. One is that I can't quite figure out why, but I still like winning. I've started playing noon ball pretty regularly again and I can't figure out exactly why but I always like winning better than losing. No one, absolutely no one in their right mind would care about noon ball - yet?

Also, it's always nice to hear of people from the past that are doing well. In recent days a guy who lived on my dorm floor was named to the staff of a CBA which is pretty cool, and I have run into someone else via email that I was happy to hear is doing well. Makes me think about the lost generation that I'm a part of, somewhere between the baby boom and boomlet known currently as Millenials. But I'm not sure what it makes me think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now you're playing noon ball! It's good to hear someone else hate losing as well. It does feel great to let out some steam though. All I have is a chance to get beat by a bunch of old guys in raquetball at the Y.

Chatohaze said...

My first comment. You are true friend indeed.

Today is one of those days in the strange universe that is your former workplace.