Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Best times?

As I was waking up my kindergartener this morning I realized that this might be the best time in my life. O.K., so having said that there are a lot of things that aren't really right. I have a career that feels like I made a critical mistep somewhere along the way, financially things are shaky at best, and everyday part of my brain is dedicated to wondering how my granfather's health is. But, as I look at the ages of my kids and what they have going on I get the sense that they just don't get much more enjoyable than this. So far I don't have to worry about dating, cars, or too many other evils out there and I get to spend a lot of time with all of them. (The upside or blessing of bad career choices maybe?) They still think I'm pretty O.K., they laugh at my jokes, yet they can all make themselves cereal and more or less pick out their clothes for school in the morning.

All in all, I'm realizing that though there are many storms in life, I'm lucky to have both my immediate and extended family.

No comments: